Monday, June 30, 2008

G.V. Prakash's exclusive interview




Just hours before the biggest moment of his life, the audio launch of the superstar Rajinikanth starrer 'Kuselan', G.V. Prakash in an exclusive interview to Indiaglitz, spoke about the excitement factor and his experiences working for this highly anticipated movie.

Here are excerpts from the interview….


How did 'Kuselan' happen?

Got a call from P. Vasu’s office and was told about Rajini sir’s next project. I took the car and dashed to his house immediately.

What went through your mind about composing for the superstar?

I am a huge fan of the superstar. Thoughts of musical composition engulfed my mind that night itself and I started composing. As a big fan of Rajini sir, I wanted to appease the fan in me first. I guess that worked big time.

Your experiences working with P. Vasu?

P. Vasu gave me enough space so that I would feel comfortable. He actually had an amazing team and I felt happy and thrilled working for 'Kuselan'. Working with that terrific team made me come up with a good performance. P. Vasu was wonderful and I thank him for giving me this opportunity.

Your thoughts on composing a song for celebrating 75 years of Tamil Cinema at such a young age….

I am happy with the result of 'Cinema….Cinema'. I have been previledged to do this song. Not only is it celebrating 75 years of Tamil Cinema, but also is the introduction song of the superstar. So I had to amalgamate his style in the song too. As I said, I am happy with the result and I am sure it will a huge treat for Rajini fans.

Rajini sir called me over the phone and congratulated me. We spoke for 25 minutes and am thrilled with the outcome.

Which is the song closest to your heart?

I like 'Cinema….Cinema', 'O Zaarare' but the closest to my heart is a song called 'Sollamma'. My friends love 'Cinema….Cinema'. They kept pestering me to play it all the time. 'O Zaarare' has also come out very good. In fact I asked Daler Mehndi to sing for two days. I was very particular to get the perfection right.

What about K. Balachander? Did he like it too?

I started out with the project only after getting his blessings. He hasn't spoken to me yet about the songs but I am sure he'll talk to me about his impression soon.

Would 'Kuselan' put you under pressure for forthcoming films?

No way. I am sure after 'Kuselan' my market precense will increase a lot. I have a very good line of impressive films that have scope for the musical element in a big way. I have director Selvaraghavan's film on hand and then 'Anandha Thandavam'. I have the next film of the 'Polladhavan' director and then 'Angadi Theru'. I am looking forward to working in these films.

How will your celebrate the success of 'Kuselan'?

Well, hangout with friends, attend all the phone calls and generally be happy.

No comments: