Thursday, June 19, 2008

A must read article for every Rajini fan

Friends,

Some of our members feel that we should not talk about other actors
& their movies in a negative way. They also quote Super Star's
comments about the movie which has come in some websites.

I humbly submit my response to the above memebers and also for the
benefit of ALL people.

I am also an admirer of Mr. Kamal Hassan, the actor. I feel he is
one of the finest actors & perfectionist to the core. There can be
no second opinions about this.

Having said this, I don't find anything wrong in criticising his
movies or his acting style in a particular movie. In addition, if
he has taken on other roles like story, scren-play, dialogues &
direction, there is nothing wrong in opining about the same too.

Some may ask why should we do that in a Rajini forum? My couter-
question is, why not here in Rajinifans' forum which allows negative
remarks about even Rajini or his movies or his political stance &
fans' reactions to it - whether they agree to it or not, isn't it?
I myself wrote here, after seeing Sivaji on the first day
that "Style over Substance", for which many people criticised me.
But, this forum allowed that comment of mine. When this forum
allows criticisms of our very own Thalaivar & his movies & politics,
why not talk about his professional rival in a very decent & matured
way?

My request to all of you is, in our eagerness to maintain healthy &
professional discussions on Rajini & related matters, let us not be
over-zealous in trying to avoid discussions about his competitor's
movies. After all, let us not forget, Dasa has been projected all
along as a competing movie for Sivaji, both by its producer as well
as the media. Whether people here like it or not, in recent days
the whole world has been discussing only about Dasa & how better or
equal or worse it is as acompared to Sivaji in both content &
collections. By not discussing about this openly, we alone will be
the losers. Moreover, based on such posts from different members,
some of you may get some new points which can be used to counter the
arguments of other actor's fans - either in some community or blog
or even in person or over phone.


So, Friends, once again I want to reiterate that please don't be
defensive about discussing negative points of competitor's movies
here because in a professional rivalry winning & losing MATTERS & by
watching the other competitor's mistakes we can gain knowledge as to
what to do & more importanatly WHAT NOT TO DO in order to avoid
debacles at the Box Office. I am sure this is what Thalaivar has
been doing & I, as a Thalaivar fan, does NOT REGRET in bashing or
passing negative comments about a movie. All said and done, as long
as we don't use unparliamentary language & get too personal, we
should not get worked up with this.

I reiterate, I will continue to pass my FRANK COMMENT on Rajini's or
other actors' movies, as I see it. After all, its my personal
opinion & I have the right to express the same & I don't want to be
hypocritical by keeping quiet or praising a movie when, in fact, I
don't like it, for whatever reasons.

If I have hurt anybody's feelings, it is purely inadvertant &
definitely NOT intentional. Thats why, I have given the "Statutory
Warning" also at the beginning of the posting itself.


With Luv,

Arun
Bangalore

No comments: